Homo wampyrus draco
Cause of death:
Prolonged exposure to sunlight
Case notes: This unfortunate individual was found in the back garden of a terraced house in Suffolk. He had been wrapped in fencing wire to restrain him then his arms had been pinned to the soil with bamboo stakes inserted between the radius and ulna bones of the forearm. The attackers then impaled the hapless Vampire through the throat with a garden fork thus pinning his head to the ground and severing his vocal chords. The Vampire did not die from this treatment as a human might due to the Vampire's superior clotting and healing capabilities.
It seems that the restraining wire was then removed and the Victim was left to cook in the sun.
Wampyrus draco has a moderate intolerance to sunlight but prolonged exposure of this kind is fatal after around nine hours of bright sun.
The vampire would have been conscious for about the first few hours of this during which his skin would have first blistered then flaked and blackened, peeling away to expose the raw flesh and fat below which would in turn slowly burn.
Death most likely occurred as the sunlight entered the brain through the eye sockets as the eyes were boiled away causing at first fits, then unconsciousness and finally brain death. The body would have continued to smoulder for a further hour or so as the tissues died and ceased metabolic action.
The individuals who perpetrated this execution have to this day never been caught although as yet no other Vampires have been put to death in this way in the local area leading me to believe that was either a one off chance encounter or, on a more sinister note that it was a contract killing paid for by one of the many misinformed Anti-Vampire groups.
Homo wampyrus chiroptera
Cause of death:
Case notes: I don't often get the chance to see Wampyrus chiroptera and I was very surprised to find one in France. The 'bat' Vampires do travel outside their home regions but it is rare. This particular Vampire solved that mystery for me by having kept a comprehensive diary as a human up to the point he went on holiday to New Zealand where no doubt he contracted Vampirism from a native of that island. The progression of the change into Wampyrus chiroptera is well under way although not yet complete in this individual. (Click on The Change in the main menu for a full description of the journey from human to Vampire) For reasons unknown it seems he was attacked during the day in his flat and forced to stand by a window in full sunlight. The half of his face that was exposed is raw and bloody with the effect of the light. Chiroptera Vampires are more sensitive to light that any other type of Vampire and will blister badly after only a few seconds of exposure. I estimate that this unfortunate individual was forced to endure the full power of the sun for around ten minutes. This may have been to enable his attackers to confirm his status as a Vampire as the outward signs has barely begun to manifest this early on in the change. After being satisfied that he was indeed a Vampire, his attackers then cut off his head with what appears to have been a machette and left the head in his bath. The machette was also used to split open the back of the victim's skull exposing his brain and was most likely the cause of death. The attackers have disposed of the body elsewhere as there is no sign of it in the victim's flat other than a pool of blood at the scene of decaptitation.
Homo wampyrus sauria
Cause of death:
Asphyxiation caused by anaphylactic shock
Case notes: Firstly let me apologize for the lack of photographs for this case.
It was the family's express wish that I do not publish the photographs taken during investigation of this Vampire's death. (yes, even Vampires can have family.) Wampyrus sauria is the most social Vampire of all the species and types and often has a great many friends in both the human and Vampire sectors of society. Some go as far as marrying humans and having children (who are not always Vampires themselves, see the page entitled 'The Change') However, all this social amiability has a price. As explained on the page entitled 'Truth & lies, Vampires are very very long lived. This means that they will out-live any human friends they make. Their spouses, children and even grandchildren grow old and die seemingly before their eyes. After this has happened several times many Vampires, particularly Wampyrus sauria because of their social nature, become increasingly depressed and eventually seek oblivion. Most use mundane methods such as carbon monoxide poisoning, walking in front of a bus or a shotgun to choose this but occasionally one will choose to end it all in a traditionally 'Vampire' way.
This is such an individual. The unhappy woman's husband had recently died of old age at 89 and she had used the following three weeks to ensure that her daughter (now looking rather older than the Vampire herself) and other family were financially secure and an able to survive without her. she had sold all her assets and used the money to set up various trust funds for her grand children and great grandchildren. Then she had written a long letter of apology to all those she was leaving behind.
Using a hypodermic needle she injected into her neck a fatal dose of oil of garlic and died shortly after of asphyxiation as the allergic reaction made her bronchial passages inflamed and blocked her airways. Her tongue also swelled, filling her mouth and adding to the blockage.
Within four minutes of administering the injection, she died.